Follow These Steps, Then Call Flager & Yockey, P.C.
If you are in an automobile or a truck accident, it's important to take certain steps and collect information to help your case.
First, make sure everybody is out of the road and safe. Then take the following steps:
- Contact the police. Inform law enforcement if anyone is injured or if anyone is intoxicated.
Gather the following information from people involved in the accident (including drivers, passengers, pedestrians and witnesses):
- Full names
- Addresses and driver's license numbers
- License plate numbers
- Phone numbers
- Insurance status of drivers
- Make and model of cars
- Name of person to whom vehicle is registered
- Write down accident details, including the time and date of the accident, if anyone was under the influence of drugs or alcohol, the directions of the vehicles, how it occurred, the names and badge numbers of police officers who came to the scene, and any damage to the vehicles you saw. Did anyone say, "I'm not hurt"? Was anyone treated at the scene? Were there any witnesses? Remember to put it all in writing.
- Take photographs of the accident scene, including damage to vehicles, skid marks, street signs, and weather conditions. If you don’t have a camera and you get in touch with Flager & Yockey, P.C., our investigators are available to take photos.
- Make a diagram showing the directions the vehicles were traveling and where the impact or impacts occurred.
- Note if there was anything "wrong" with the vehicles before the accident, such as a broken headlight or bald tires, or if any vehicles were towed from the scene.
- Seek medical help. Visit your doctor even if you were not directly injured in the accident. Injuries, such as whiplash, sometimes are not felt until a few days after the accident.
- Take note if anyone accepts responsibility for the accident, such as hearing someone say, "I'm sorry. It was my fault," or "I couldn't see you because I forgot my glasses," or something similar.
Contact a Car and Truck Accident Lawyer with Our Firm
At Flager & Yockey, P.C., an experienced car accident attorney will assist you or your loved one with your case. Contact our firm today. Remember, your initial consultation is free. You don't pay us unless you win.
Call (215) 953-5200 today.